Total Pageviews

Mar 16, 2011

Pantry Clean up, part two

Today there is a cauliflower (my fave!!!) chickpea curry simmering in my slow cooker. I am quite excited to taste it when I get home from work.
I think it's important to have vegetarian meals 2-3 times per week as meat is hard on the digestive system-and also fairly expensive-depending on what type it is.
Here is what I did to prep the curry,
Last night I diced up 4 small potatoes ( I left the peel on for added fibre-just scrubbed well)
diced 2 large peeled carrots, diced 2 med onions and one small head of cauliflower. Put it all in the slow cooker with one can of 1/2 fat cream of mushroom soup, one LARGE can of drained and rinsed chickpeas 1 tsp of turmeric and 2 Tbsp curry powder.
This morning I put the slow cooker pot in the heating unit and turned it on low for 8 hours. I would have liked to set it for 6 hours but my slow cooker doesn't have that optionn. Luckily hubby is home so I can call him later and ask him to turn it off.
I'm going to serve it over a nice scoop of basmati rice. yummyyy!!

No comments: