Total Pageviews

Mar 11, 2011

Day One, pantry clean up

I am on a mission to use up all the canned goods we have before restocking my pantry. My first creation was a cabbage, lentil soup. I used one can of diced tomatoes, one carton of chicken stock, one packet of onion soup mix, 1 cup of dried green lentils and added, 2 diced carrots, one diced onion, 1/2 a head of cabbage, plus diced chicken leftover from that days dinner. I threw it all in  the slow cooker. Turned it on low for 10 hours and came home to a very healthy, somewhat tasty meal yesterday. The soup was kind of ..eh. I will need to play with it a little to get it to a more desirable taste but overall, hubby and I enjoyed it. The kids...well I didn't even try giving it to them and let them have pb sandwiches with sliced cuke for supper!

No comments: