Total Pageviews

Feb 7, 2011

Crazy for pears

My family all of a sudden went nuts for pears. We would eat 3-4 of them a day, my son would have one every night before bed...then suddenly the addiction sort of stopped and I was left with a fridge full of over ripe pears. SOOO instead of fret and get upset about tossing them in the garbage I made a crisp (or two). Last week I made a pear cranberry crisp and today I'm in the process of making pear/raisin crisp (didn't have any cranberries left).
So simple it's almost embarrassing to post!

slice pears very thin ( you can peal them but I don't bother) The number of pears  you use just depends on what you have on hand. I used 4-5 each time.
Mix sliced pears with about a tablespoon of white sugar, place in a square baking dish.

In food processor mix 1/4 cup white sugar, 1/4 cup brown sugar, 1/2 cup rolled oat, 1/4 cup flour and 1/4 cup butter. Just pulse until it is crumbly, top over pear mixture and bake in over for 30-40 minutes at 350 degrees. (not using the convection oven for this one-don't like to bake on convection-can never get the temp. right!)

No comments: