Total Pageviews

Feb 16, 2011

Chicken Polkas

I had never served my kids polkas before. I always thought they would turn their noses up at the leg meat on the bone but to my surprise yesteday at dinner they BOTH ate a polka each! I was so pleasantly surprised, I'm going to buy a package of them just for the kids. The trick is to leave the skin on. I know that sounds gross and I personally would never ever eat chicken with skin on but since my son has almost no body fat at all a little chicken skin in his diet won't hurt him. And if this encourages him to eat..well then by all means eat !
The method for prep this time was the supermarket deli. They make such yummy BBQ chickens, but i make shake and bake chicken sometimes and hope the kids will give them a try too (i'll just leave the skin on this time, for them, and take it off for hubby and me!)

No comments: