Total Pageviews

Dec 10, 2012

he liked them, he really liked them

I tried making salmon patties for my kids in the past and they absolutely hated them. I figured that since it has been a long long time since my last attempt i'd try once again!
Saturday afternoon I dug deep into my cupboard for the ingrediants I needed. They were way in the back since I was just too scared to try them again until then.

This time I changed up my recipe a bit and I think that was what made them a success.

First I opened 2 cans of red salmon and drained them, then I emptied them into the food processor, I added one egg,a small onion, a few sprinkles of fish seasoning and about about a cup or so of panko.  I had read about using panko instead of plain bread crumbs and have had a box in the cupboard for months unopened!
Once I processed everything into a smooth mixture I formed it into balls and then rolled them in more panko. I put them into the pan and flattened them with the spatula. The I fried them in a little hot vegetable oil. They were so delicious the whole plate of them was gone in mere moments. My kids had 3 each!! and my hubby ate a handful of them as well.
This is awesome progress!

They were eaten too quickly to even get a picture of them!! !

No comments: