Total Pageviews

Aug 12, 2012

Mexican Lasagna

It's been a long while since I posted here!!! I haven't stopped cooking but my time for blogging has been so limited I tend to do other things rather than hang out on line!

Anyway here is the fabulous Mexican Lasagna recipe I made last night. I was so happy with the results that I think I'll be adding this one to my regular rotation.

What you'll need:
2 tsp Chili Powder
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp dried minced garlic flakes
1/2 tsp dried oregano leaves
1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
1 lb ground beef (I used vegetarian ground meat-since we don't mix meat and cheese together)
1/2 cup chopped onion
1 can (680mL) tomato sauce
1 can black beans
3/4 cup frozen corn niblets
1 can chopped green chilies with juice
8 flour tortillas (I ended up only using 6)
2 cups shredding cheddar cheese

Method
1. brown beef and onion in a large skillet over med-high heat. drain. Stir in tomato sauce, green chilies. bean and corn. Stir in all spices except red pepper flakes. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, simmer for about 5 minutes. Add red pepper flakes if using (will kick the spice factor up quite a bit).
2. spread about 2/3 cup of beef mixture on bottom of lightly greased  13x9 baking dish. Top with 3 or 4 tortillas, over-lapping if needed. Layer with 1/2 of remaining beef mixture and 1/2 of cheese. Repeat with remaining tortillas, beef and cheese
3. bake in preheated 350 degree F oven for 15 minutes or until heated through. Let stand 5 minutes before serving! YUMMM!!!!

No comments: