Total Pageviews

Jun 24, 2011

Salmon Patties

Last night I made salmon patties. When I was a kid my mom used to make these and I hated them. But I have been reading for ages about how healthy salmon is so i thought I'd give them another try. Deep down I knew that my picky kids just wouldn't like them and I would be serving up peanut butter sandwiches along with our salmon! I was right. Hubby and I enjoyed them thoroughly!
Here's what I did:
one can salmon drained
one celery stalk finely chopped
one red pepper finely chopped
one onion finely chopped
olive oil
bread crumbs (I used matzo meal since I had no bread crumbs)
one egg

I sauteed the onion, pepper and celery in olive oil until soft, I added this mixture to the salmon and mixed in the MM and egg. I mashed it together until I could easily form patties with it (Kind of like when making hamburgers) . I formed 8 patties and fried them in olive oil over med heat until  browned on each side. It is important to take time to do this and don't be tempted to raise the heat to cook them faster, they will burn easily.
I served them with steamed vegetables.
Probably not the healthiest way to cook them but the quickest and likely the most delicious!

No comments: